At St Mary & St Joseph's the health, safety and well-being of all our children is of paramount importance. Parents send their children to school each day with the expectation that our school provides a secure environment in which their children can flourish. St Mary & St Joseph's ensures that this expectation becomes reality. In order to do this a wide range of measures have been put in place as detailed in the policy documents below.
Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility. If you have a concern about a child please tell somebody who can help.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead for St Mary & St Joseph's is: Mrs Helen Brown
The Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead is: Miss Karen Cheeseman
The nominated governor for safeguarding and child protection is: Mrs Win Sheldon
The designated teacher for Looked After Children is: Mrs Helen Brown
Dorset Children's Services Social Care Single Point of Contact: 01202 228866 (Out of Hours: 01202 657279)
- Keeping children safe in education 2016
- SSCT Parents online safety Newsletter Spring 2017.pdf
- Child Protection Summary
- Child Protection Policy 2017/2018
- Leaflet - Child Protection and Your School (2016)
- E-Safety Policy
- Staff Code of Conduct
- Prevent Duty Guidance
- Parents Protect -prevent_exploitation_leaflet.pdf
- CAST Whistleblowing Policy 23.11.16.